Designed for use with C3D file that contain kinematic data from programs such as Plug in Gait from Vicon, this program enables anyone to design, display and print data from as many as 120 C3D files in any single graph or report. ReportGenerator is compatible with, and can read, standard report definition files (RPT files) created by the Vicon Clinical Manager application (now discontinued but formerly sold by Oxford Metrics Ltd). These report definition files can be edited interactively from within ReportGenerator. This program is the ideal graphing tool for anyone who has been using VCM to generate clinical reports and needs direct printed output.
ReportGenerator is a feature-rich application, written specifically to address the many shortcomings of both Vicon Clinical Manager, Polygon and many other C3D reporting tools, ReportGenerator creates reports that print directly on any printer supported by Windows, exported as bitmap (.BMP) files to almost any document or application and fully supports copy and paste into applications such as Word etc.
ReportGenerator can also export and normalize any C3D file variable. One of the features of ReportGenerator is its support for the creation of ASCII GCD files containing Gait Cycle Data from any C3D file created by Vicon Plug-In-Gait. This makes it a simple process to extract ASCII data, already normalized in "n" points into files suitable for Excel, MATLAB or SAS.
- Plot up to 120 C3D files in a single report for easy left vs. right comparison between pre-op and post-op, with/without AFOs, and normal data in a single graph.
- Graph PIG (Vicon Plug In Gait) variables directly from Vicon C3D files using ReportGenerator 2.0 files.
- Create reports as standard bitmap (bmp) files or paste graphical reports directly to the clipboard for easy pasting into any word processor.
- Overlay analog variables (EMG, Force etc) over any Kinematic graph or display multiple EMG channels in one graphic.
- Full access to standard variables in any database via ODBC means that ReportGenerator can extract data from your existing VICON Clinical Manager database.
- Support for unique line types to assure accurate data identification in both color and b&w output. ReportGenerator supports 15 colors, 5 line styles, 10 line identifiers, and 5 line thickness attributes. Color reports can be photocopied with no loss of information by using the new line attribute styles!
- Enhance your output with color headers and text in any report and assign different colors to activity bars in any graph.
- The "Print Preview" feature allows you to see exactly what the printed report will look like before you send it to the printer.
- Report pages and individual graph can be saved as a windows bitmap graphics file and read into reports written with any Windows word processor.
- Open, view and work with multiple reports at the same time.
- The intuitive graphical editor, built into the Report Generator, allows you to modify existing reports or design new reports in minutes in an interactive Windows environment.
- Assign Landscape or Portrait orientation to each report page for worry-free printing - each page will always print with the correct orientation.
Gait Cycle Calculation (GCC) module
The Gait Cycle Calculation module is an additional option that is available for the ReportGenerator that can extract variables directly from the C3D file. This is an add-on module that enables ReportGenerator to calculate numeric values based on the contents of any GCD file (existing GCD files, or GCD data that has been extracted from "Plug-in-Gait" C3D files). This feature allows the user to quickly determine the values of various data points of interest within the GCD file – for example it is now trivial to measure and report the value of maximum knee flexion, the time within the gait cycle when a maximum occurs, the slope of any section of the gait cycle data, or the power over any period within the gait cycle. The GCC module allows almost any number of functions to be created – each function creating a variable that can be stored within the GCD file or used and referenced by subsequent calculations. All calculated values can be written back to the GCD file for reference, or can be accessed by other software packages.
C3D and GCD Variables
The Motion Lab Systems ReportGenerator application displays kinematic, kinetic, analog, and other information stored in GCD and C3D files created by Vicon Clinical Manager and Plug-in-Gait. In theory, the correspondences between the C3D variables generated by Plug-in-Gait, and the GCD variables generated by Vicon Clinical Manager, should make it easy to compare data generated by the two applications. However, in practice, the differences in the way that the data is stored between the Vicon Clinical Manager created GCD files, and the Plug-in-Gait created C3D files, has made this very difficult. ReportGenerator solves this problem by reading both file formats and converting the C3D file formatted data into GCD file data. This conversion process is carried out whenever a C3D file is opened by ReportGenerator and allows the user to select the gait cycle of interest as well as the resolution of the GCD file data.
ReportGenerator has been designed to give the Clinician and Physician the same report format that they have been using with Vicon Clinical Manager while making it easier to enhance the reports with addition information and data. It is intended to enhance, not replace, other products, such as Vicon Clinical Manager, Vicon Plug-in-Gait, or Vicon Polygon.
ReportGenerator, like all Motion Lab Systems applications, is a site licensed application. The purchase of a single ReportGenerator license allows multiple copies of the software to be used within any given environment, permitting its use on multiple computers, laptops etc., making it very easy to use in academic and research environments without any hardware access keys or restrictive licensing requirements.