The Motion Lab Systems C3Dserver is a C3D Software Development Kit (SDK) for Microsoft Windows™ environments. It is supplied with sample applications for Excel™, as well as source code for applications written in Visual Basic and C++. The C3Dserver SDK evaluation version is fully functional and available free of charge for individual or non-commercial use or can be licensed for commercial or high speed use.
The evaluation version of the C3Dserver is free for all non-commercial applications and users. It includes full documentation, together with source code for sample applications. The only difference between the evaluation version and the commercially licensed versions of the C3Dserver is the speed of execution - the licensed versions of the C3Dserver run approximately 10-50 times faster (depending on your program implementation).
All programs built with the evaluation version can be converted high-speed versions by purchasing an inexpensive licensed version of the C3Dserver. The only function difference between the commercial licensed and the free evaluation software installations is the speed of code execution - all function calls perform identically. The evaluation version does not expire, can be redistributed, and can be used for any non-commercial purpose.
- Easy to use - almost anyone can quickly write programs that manipulate C3D data stored in any manufacturers C3D file using Visual Basic, C++, Java or Access, Excel and Word macros.
- MATLAB support - direct access to all C3Dserver functions within MATLAB allowing full read, write, create and delete access to any C3D file.
- A free, fully functional, evaluation version allows anyone to access their data at no cost while inexpensive licenses for individual and professional use allow users to distribute and develop commercial applications.
- The C3Dserver is flexible and transparently supports all C3D formats - DEC, SGI and Intel byte orders, in both INTEGER and REAL formats. C3D file formats are automatically preserved for failsafe applications.
- Includes full source code for sample applications in C++, Visual Basic™ and Excel™ together with a manual and a basic C3D file editor, written using the C3Dserver - an essential tool for C3D developers.
- The C3Dserver conforms to the published C3D specification and format description. This allows anyone to access C3D data files without requiring any manufacturer specific information.
- In addition to basic 3D and analog data access, the C3Dserver includes the ability to calculate Forces and Moment information from any force platform as well as offering several methods of automatically removing DC offsets from analog channels.
C3D Software Development made easy
The C3Dserver installation includes several useful applications, complete with source code that can be complied into fully functional applications - allowing almost any programmer to be writing programs to access C3D files within a few hours of installation - just declare a few variables and call a single function to create a C3D file that can be read by anyone.
The PDF manual included with the C3Dserver documents each function and provides example code - programs can be written within Word™ documents, Access™, and Excel™ using VB macros to access data in C3D files.
A simple C3D file editor is included with the C3Dserver to provide an essential tool for developers. The file editor is written in Visual Basic with all file access provided via calls to the C3Dserver and includes complete Visual Basic source code. In addition, the installation applications to create C3D files (with C++ source code) and a software test harness allowing the user to demonstrate and verify each of the C3Dserver functions.
The C3D file format is a public domain format supported by most motion capture and gait lab equipment manufacturers such as Bioengineering Technology & Systems (BTS), Charnwood Dynamics (CODA), Motion Analysis Corporation, Motion Lab Systems, Peak Performance, Qualisys, and Vicon Motion Systems etc. Any data stored in a C3D file can be exchanged and accessed by many different laboratories and applications.
The C3Dserver, like all Motion Lab Systems applications, is a site licensed application. The purchase of a single C3Dserver license allows multiple copies of the software to be used within any given environment, permitting its use on multiple computers, laptops etc., making it very easy to use in academic and research environments without any hardware access keys or restrictive licensing requirements.