MA-416 EMG pre-amplifier
MA-416 - A discrete preamplifier with a x20 gain, designed for EMG signals.
The MA-416 EMG pre-amplifier has been designed for ease of use and reliability and provides superb performance in day to day clinical use, as well as in the hands of the researcher or first time user. Unlike other EMG pre-amplifiers, Motion Lab Systems pre-amplifiers incorporate both radio frequency interference (RFI) filters and electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection circuitry resulting in an extraordinarily reliable EMG pre-amplifier for use with gel or fine-wire electrodes that can be used in almost any environment.
Featuring a differential input design that minimizes common mode and crosstalk signals, the unique design of the Motion Lab Systems EMG pre-amplifiers enables researchers to produce high-quality, low-noise EMG data from subjects under the most adverse conditions (e.g. on treadmills, using mobile phones etc.) with minimal signal processing.
Sterilized, ready to use, bipolar fine-wire electrodes are also available (50mm and 30mm needles) in packs of ten - each needle contains two sterilized fine-wires with hooked ends suitable for intra muscular recordings on human subjects.
- Direct EMG pre-amplification close to the signal source provides the highest myoelectric signal quality for accurate, reliable EMG signal detection and reduces cable motion artifact from long signal cables.
- Internal RFI and ESD protection prevents radio frequency interference and static damage.
- The low-impedance output of the pre-amplifier eliminates cable noise and cable motion artifacts without requiring any additional signal processing within the pre-amplifier.
- An integral ground reference plane within the preamplifier provides immunity to electromagnetic environmental noise.
- All signal and power conductors in the pre-amplifier cable are enclosed inside an independent, isolated shield to eliminate interference from AC power-lines and other sources of interference.
- All subject contacts are corrosion-free, medical grade stainless steel - supplied with thumb screws and optional spring contacts.
- Constructed using biocompatible housing and sensor materials to prevent allergic reactions.
- Each unit is professionally built in FDA inspected facilities using high precision surface-mount instrumentation components for optimal EMG performance.
- Sensor Contacts - two thumb screws (4-40 thread) or two springs.
- Reference Contact - requires an external ground on the subject.
- Body Size - 38mm x 19mm x 16mm.
- Weight - 12 grams (excluding lead and connector).
- Cable Length - 1.4 metres.
- Temperature Range - 0 to 40 degrees C.
- Gain at 1 kHz x20 ±1%
- Input Impedance > 100,000,000 ohms.
- Noise < 1.2uV RMS
- CMRR > 100 dB at 65Hz.
- Input Protection - RFI and ESD protected.
- Signal Bandwidth - 15Hz to 3,500Hz (-3dB).
- Power supply range ±5 Volts to ±15 Volts
- Power consumption 2.4mA per rail throughout supply voltage range.
- MA-416-001 - Harwin - 6 pin female.
- MA-416-002 - Binder - 4 pin male.
- MA-416-003 - 00 LEMO - 4 pin male.