Data acquisition and monitoring
Motion Lab Systems products work with virtually any analog data recording system, including those supplied with most major motion capture systems used in Clinical Gait Analysis and Biomechanics Laboratories as well as ADC systems from major vendors such as National Instruments etc. As a result, our products are compatible with any data collection system supported by common research tools such as LabVIEW, and MATLAB.
However, many data acquisition systems that are supplied as part of the motion capture system or research solution usually do not offer any facility to view high speed EMG data in real-time - many so called "analog review" options with these system display data at low data rates that are suitable for monitoring force plate data but lack the sampling resolution to accurately display EMG information.
Motion Lab Systems recommends and supports a third-party ADC manufactured by Dataq which we offer, complete with all the interconneting cables nessesary to connect to an MA-300 system as our MA-720 part number. The MA-720 can display real-time EMG data on your PC as the subjects muscles contract - offering substantial advantages over the traditional record and review afterwards approach. The compact MA-720 data units can be connected via USB, EPP printer port or TCP/IP network, offering simple plug-and-play connections to a PC or laptop.
The MA-720 can record up to 32 channels of analog data with a total throughput that is high enough to allow monitoring of the raw EMG signals and offers many useful features such as data over-sampling, channel labeling, time and date stamping and programmable gain, making it a perfect solution for all your EMG monitoring needs.
The basic MA-720 provides the ability to monitor the EMG data. An optional, third party software package (Windaq/PRO from Dataq Instruments) can be added that allows the MA-720 to record and store the EMG data directly to disk - allowing the MA-720 to function as a standalone data acquisition system if desired. Naturally, all relevant Motion Lab Systems software packages read the files produced by the Windaq/Pro software.
Includes 16 channel real-time EMG display software (WinDaq/Lite). This software allows the MA-720 to run at the full sample rate to accurately display the EMG data in real-time. Note that WinDaq/Lite does not support EMG recording rates and is effectively limited to EMG display only.
- 32 single-ended or 16 differential analog input channels.
- Internal sampling rates up to 250 kHz at 16-bit resolution.
- Input range ± 1.25 to ± 10V.
- Four programmable gain selections (1, 2, 4, 8).
- Interface via USB (recommended) or EPP parallel port.
- Small size - 9" x 7.29" x 1.52" (L x W x H).
Each MA-720 is shipped with the following items:
- 32 channel ADC data collection unit.
- USB cable.
- Parallel port cable.
- Universal 110-240V AC power supply.
- AC power cord (with country specific plug).
- CDROM with manual and WINDAQ/LITE 16 channel data viewing program.
- Analog data cable for MA-300 systems (MA-100 and MA-200 cable are special order).
- Analog splitter cable for MA-100 and MA-300 EMG systems (MA-200 by special order).